Thursday, October 9, 2008

Process vs. Product


This is my first attempt at SCS (Split Coast Stampers) Sketch Challenge 197. I had a lot of fun creating this card.

Are you a Product or Process Stamper?

This last week, while in a beginning knitting class, I learned that there are 2 kinds of knitters. Well, OK 3 kinds if you fall into both categories. There's the process knitter, and there's the product knitter. She says that a process knitter mainly enjoys the process of it; just knitting or in our case stamping. The process knitter may knit simply to knit and will have no problem just ripping it out. I think that stampers probably fall into the same categories. I am definitely more of a process stamper. It's very hard for me to create more than one of the same card. I like the puzzle presented by a designing a card. Once I figured it out I've no desire to recreate it, alter it maybe, recreate it, no.

I think that this is also related to personality types. If you've ever taken the Myers-Brigg personality test (you can find them for free online) and your end letter is a "J," you're probably more of a product stamper. My personality type is INFP. This is just my personal theory. Which one type are you?

All supplies are Stampin' Up!
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Pixie Pink, Whisper White, Bashful Blue Designer Paper

Ink: Pixie Pink, Bashful Blue, Chocolate Chip

Accessories: Mat Pack, 1/4 inch punch, Close to Coco Marker, Bashful Blue taffeta ribbon
Posted by Picasa

No comments: